Skip to main content

USMLE CK experience.---268



Took my Exam on March 27th, just received my Score. Got a 268. I spent a lot of time reading these experiences and obsessing over the score correlations. Here's my CK experience.
Background: Step 1 in April 2017 - 265
Prep time: Nearly 5 months (plenty of on and off days)
Sources: UWorld once (First pass 88% Subject wise, timed – Also did my marked ~ around 400 and incorrects), Uworld 3 (all online-79% random timed)
CMS all forms offline
Nbme 6- 6 mistakes offline (1 month prior)
Nbme 4- 8 mistakes offline (1 month prior)
Nbme 7 – 16 mistakes offline (1 month prior)
Nbme 8- 273 (online, 4 days prior)
Uwsa 1- 283 (9 days prior)
Uwsa 2- 270 (7 days prior), Free 120q -93%
Started of prep with Uworld, tried reading MTB but failed miserably. Uworld and Uptodate (read only the summary and recommendations) are all I needed to get through this exam. I would recommend doing Uworld step 3 If you plan on taking step 3 soon, else there’s no need. Uworld Step 2 covers almost everything. I found the NBMEs and CME's useless with regards to the main exam, but you can still use them to reinforce the high yield topics.
Exam day was long and tiring. Felt like I did really bad, had no idea what they were asking for some questions. But I’d like to reassure everyone as many have done before me to just trust your assessments and your preparation and give it your best. Also, no matter how hard things get, please don’t forget to take care of yourself during the process. Eat well, sleep and exercise.
Please let me know if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.
This group really helped me during my prep, thanks, everyone! Good luck 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates

AoA Dear colleagues: I would like to share a few things about Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates. Particularly for those who unfortunately could not get the visas for CS and could not make in the residency match 1.its has been recognised by CPSP-Pakistan for residency training in department of Internal medicine, General surgery and anaesthesia since last two years. A Pakistani consultant (FRCP ) is designated a supervisor here and quite a few friends applied for RTMC and got the RTMC in medicine this year. 2.FCPS-I in is pre-requisite to apply for RTMC 3.Pre- requisites for residency here USMLE step 2-CK USMLE Step-1 ( preferred to have it for those without resident permit of Qatar) or IFOM IELTS band 7 overall or above (valid for 3-4 years) Toefl score 80 and above Fresh graduates are preferred Scores in steps matter a lot to receive an interview call- 240 + 4.The program is ACGME-I accredited program, means the training is in accord...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...