Skip to main content

Alfonso H. Acosta‎ to USMLE Step 2 CK Preparation FORUM


‎
Hello! I want to share my preparation and experience in Step 2CK, hoping to help some of you. The basis of my preparation was UWorld, I purchased a two-month subscription and completed about 70% of questions (1816), with 73% correct. In the meantime I reviewed Kaplan notes, especially for biostatistics and psychiatry (my weak points). I did UWorld system-based for the most part, but sometimes I would randomize Gyn/Ob and Pediatrics. I solved an average of one block per day (40 questions), and some days I managed to fit in two blocks. My advice is to use UWorld as the basis, as A LOT of the subjects covered in UWorld were in the real thing. As for the exam itself, the clinical cases to me seemed too long and tiring to read, especially after a while. Just use your break time wisely to get up for a bit, splash some water in your face, eat a snack, etc. The exam is not difficult for the most part, although there are a couple of WTF questions. Psychiatry is a highly evaluated subject in the exam (every block has at least 5 questions of psych), so DON'T underestimate it. I did NBME 1 (offline) in late July to assess my general knowledge, scored 237. I started UWorld in August, did UWSA 1 (249) and UWSA 2 (234) at the beginning of October. Had my exam on October 13 and scored a fabulous 262 Description: https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f4c/1/16/1f642.png:) To be honest with you, I didn't expect to do so well considering my scores in the practice exams. I think a great part in succeeding in these exams is to be in a proper state of mind on examination day. Even though it is really grueling to be 8+ hours sitting in front of a computer, muster all of your energy and motivation to get through the exam from start to finish. Description: https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f4c/1/16/1f642.png:) Good luck to all of you! Saludos de México!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...