Skip to main content

Kimmel Wilson--- Step 1--- 255 v.Imp


An IMG from Kurdistan and here is my experience : ( warning , it might be long for some to read I apologize)
Alhamdulilah.. after 3 years of on and off preparation with full time job and many challenges. Allah the most merciful gave me the best blessing ..
Sources :
*Kaplan videos very early on
*Becker videos very early on
*Pathoma very early
*Some of Doctor nejeeb videos
*Some miscellaneous YouTube videos of radiology , heart sounds , my weak areas
*Robbins pathology self assessment
*Fa ×6
*Uw ×3 once offline and twice online
*100 cases of ethics
*BRS behavioral just the questions in the last month
*Uw statistics subject review 3 days before the exam
Assessments :
Nbme 13 ..... 246 ... ( 8 months before exam)
Nbme 15.......250 .. ( 4.5 months before exam)
Nbme 16 .......252..( 2 months before exam)
Then old nbmes I used as a Qbank; did a block aday and they were as follows:
Nbme 1 ..... 18 mistakes
Nbme 2 ..... 13 mistakes
Nbme 3....... 7 mistakes
Nbme 4 ...... 5- 10 mistakes
Nbme 5 ..... 12 - 17 mistakes
Nbme 6...... 13 - 18 mistakes
Nbme 7 ..... 6 - 8 mistakes
Nbme 11..... 11- 14 mistakes
Then I took
Uwsa 1 ...... 276
Nbme 17 ..... 261 .. ( 22 days before the exam)
UWSA2.........264 .. ( 4 days before the exam)
Nbme 18 ......261 .. ( 2 days before the exam)
The real deal ... 255
To me ,the exam in general is more difficult than any nbme that I did and that's evident maybe from the score discrepancy between nbmes and the real exam .. I got out of the exam feeling numb because I couldn't predict my score .. I thought it could be anywhere between 235- 265 ,but the exam is doable as you see if you focus very well on uw and fa and understand concepts well .. don't skip a thing.. don't read superficially.. exam requires both memorization and understanding of concepts .. don't jump into exam unless you have proven to yourself that you have your goal score in more than one nbme and that you have good time management skills and after that Go ahead , don't worry and just leave it to God .. this journey requires alot of effort and I've been through all kind of emotions so don't let anything stops you .if I did it so can you. Keep believing in your God and yourself .
Always remember that in order to get the best view you have to take the most difficult of roads
A few words from heart to my study partners
I'm so blessed to have known you guys .. most of you had a very important role in my journey starting with:
Nourhan Ali ... the first study partner, the closest freind .. she was with me all along ..I remember us when we started Robbins and she was the first one to go to if I felt demotivated or anything.. a great listener ... I can't thank you enough and no words can describe how wonderful of a person you are. God bless you . I am sure that you will soon
Post a nicer experience than mine and I wish you believe in your abilities and see yourself the way I see you..
Suggi Ramkumar doing uw with you was very fun and you made my days much easier. You will do great
Guillian Barre discussing with you was very helpful. I liked your positivity and confidence which boosted my confidence. You saved me time when you suggested me to call ecfmg to ask them about my application. I'm sure you will score higher.
Adam Paget bro. Studying with you was fun and motivating
Tope Kiddo man . When you gave your exam , you inspired me to give mine
Malik ... you made me realize that the exam is not a gigantic beast as I was imagining . You have stamina and I'm sure you'll make it
Abhikrishna Singh studying with you was very helpful.. you helped alot and I still have your mnemonics on my fa .. when I told you I keep forgetting PECAM-1 is CD31 you said I'll ask you about it everyday , I found that very sweet and caring.. you will be a great doctor
Step Newbie you are a fighter and you will do great. Alot of things that I struggled with, like porphyria enzymes you helped me memorize . Me and you almost made our own sketchy as you said lol . I wish you see yourself the way I see you.. you have everything that it takes to be great achiever.. God bless you . You will write a great experience soon.
Sarah Khan you had a decisive role in my journey .. discussing with you in the last few days before the exam when my self doubt was choking me ,I was numb and you were the one who pushed me when I was about to withdraw . I believe God sent you as a blessing for my journey in the last few days.
Sorry if I didn't mention someone . You all are in my heart and you know yourselves

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Step 2 CK Experience 284 Medhat Farwati

Dear (future) Doctors, I am Medhat Farwati, a Syrian graduate from Aleppo University, Faculty of Medicine. Hereby I share with you my experience with Step 2 CK. 1. Score: 284 2. Self-assessments: UWSA 1: 273 (2 months out) UWSA 2: 276 ( 1 week out) NBME 7: 277 (1 week out) NBME 8: 280 (3 days out) 3. Preparation time: After I was done with Step 1, I moved to the US as a postdoctoral research fellow. As such, I realized it is going to be challenging to navigate my research du ties, US rotations, Step 2 CS exam, and Step 2 CK preparation. Collectively, the actual preparation time for CK was 12 months with an average studying time ranging from 4 hours a day for the first 10 months to 8 hours a day for the last 2 months prior to my exam. 4. Materials used: UW Step 2 CK (x3) UW Step 3 (x2) Kaplan Q bank (x1) Internal Medicine Essentials Q bank De Virgilio (surgery textbook) Up to date and Medscape Google, YouTube, and Siri 😊 UW Step 2: Your baseline. Most people preparing for CK rega

USMLE step 1: 250

Got my score this week : 250 Here is my Step 1 experience, I’ve read so many in the past and they really helped me, so here’s mine, hope it helps you out! Resources: 1. UW qbank x 2 2. FIRST AID x 3 3. Kaplan 2014 live online lectures 4. Kaplan lecture notes 5. Pathoma 6. Goljan Audio lectures 7. Sketchy Micro and Pharmacology 8. B&B videos 9. Rx qbank 7 day free trial 10. Biostats- Randy Neil Videos and UW biostats 11. 100 cases of Ethics by Conrad Fischer and 30 cases of ethics by dirty USMLE 12. Anatomy shelf notes Nbme 16 240 (3 mo. before) Nbme 17 244 (2 mo. before) UWSA 1 252 (1.5 mo. before) UWSA 2 258 (1 mo. before) Nbme 19 238 (3 wks before) Nbme 15 262 (2 wks before Nbme 18 250 (1 wk before) Free 120 83% What I did in the last week 1. Reviewed FA last time focused on weak areas, skimmed though others and made a 1 page list of the stuff I couldn’t remember. 2. Read UW notes that I made. 3. Did nbme 18 4. Reviewed sketchy images 2 Days before: 1. Heart sounds

Guidance of USMLE

Since I was so confused during the process of application for USMLE step 1 exam, I thought I should note down the step by step procedure for IMG graduates : 1. Get ECFMG ID. Log into ECFMG website and create an account with basic info. Then you will be mailed ECFMG /USMLE ID in 3-5 days. 2. Application for ECFMG certification. At this point, you will be asked to pay 125$. You will get the form 186 to download as soon as you make the payment. 3. Get your passport ready. You will be asked to notarise the form 186 via notarycam. The procedures are well mentioned in the website. You need to upload the first page of form 186 and copy of your passport in the notarycam website. You will be asked to get an appointment for notarycam after you upload these documents. 4. Notarycam personnel will fix an appointment as per your convenience. Keep your passport handy. It will last for 3-4 minutes. It is very simple step. The personnel will verify the passport and your basic informati