Skip to main content

Step 1 experience. Score : 239



Not the best score to write an experience but this is for those who are stuck around 220-230 in their assessments as I was in the same situation during my preparation.
Preparation time: 10 months of dedicated preparation during internship
I started preparing for step 1 during the start of my internship in March and took the step in January.
I started with Pathoma videos and Kaplan lecture videos for Biochemistry and Neurology.
Then did a first read of FA for about teo months ad started with first round of uworld. Very much disappointed and stressed as I made a lot of mistakes.
Uw 1st pass: 46%
Also did another round of first aid with Uworld 1st round And sketchy micro but was not able to retain the facts with help of sketchy.
Did marked and incorrect questions of uworld 1st pass and reached around 60% correct answers.
Did another read of FA and started with Uworld second round.
Uworld second pass: 78% correct
Took NBME 24 before 3 months: 210 compeletely shattered with the score
Did another read of First Aid and incorrect and marked questions of uworld.
Also started amboss systemwise. I felt amboss was helpful as it was a bit difficult and factbase too. The explaination was also at par.
Took nbme 22 before 2 months: 238
Started with a quick revision on First Aid in 15 days.
Took NMBE 21: 45 days before the test: 236
Uwsa 1 40 days before: 235 ( very much disappointed as I heard uwsa overpredicts)
Did teo rounds of FA.
Took UWSA 2 before 15 days: 245
Took NBME 18 before 10 days: 232 Again I was not very happy and was debating wether to take the test or delay it but decided to go ahead and take the test I was already saturated at this point of time.
Test day: took a sleep of 6-7 hours the night before and revised all the volatile topics on the exam day in an hour.
The most important key is to keep calm on the test day.
The most difficult part for me was behavioural science, Micro, Immuno and Pharmac and the only key to memorize these topics is multiple revisions.
Please feel free to ask ay questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...

Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates

AoA Dear colleagues: I would like to share a few things about Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates. Particularly for those who unfortunately could not get the visas for CS and could not make in the residency match 1.its has been recognised by CPSP-Pakistan for residency training in department of Internal medicine, General surgery and anaesthesia since last two years. A Pakistani consultant (FRCP ) is designated a supervisor here and quite a few friends applied for RTMC and got the RTMC in medicine this year. 2.FCPS-I in is pre-requisite to apply for RTMC 3.Pre- requisites for residency here USMLE step 2-CK USMLE Step-1 ( preferred to have it for those without resident permit of Qatar) or IFOM IELTS band 7 overall or above (valid for 3-4 years) Toefl score 80 and above Fresh graduates are preferred Scores in steps matter a lot to receive an interview call- 240 + 4.The program is ACGME-I accredited program, means the training is in accord...