Skip to main content

Step 2 CK score: 262


I received my score last wednesday, this group was of tremendous help during my preparation.
Exam Date: 18thDecember 2019.
Step 2 CK score: 262
Step 1: 249
ASSESSMENTS:
· NBME 7: 19 mistakes (took it 4 months before exam)
· UWSA-1: 276 (3 weeks before exam)
· UWSA-2: 263 (3 days before exam, couldn’t finish it in time, after attempting the leftover questions I recalculated my score, it was 268)
· FREE 120: 90% (took it on the same day with UWSA-2)
RESOURCES:
· Uworld for Step2 CK (it’s the main resource for step2 CK)
· Up To Date
· Uworld Step-3 (did only few organ systems)
· CMS Forms (did only few forms)
· Kaplan OBGYN (did it once in the beginning of preparation)
PREPARATION:
I started my preparation with Uworld for step2 CK offline. As i was doing my house job during this period so it took me almost 5-6 months to finish 75% of offline Uworld. I didn’t make any notes during this period. Then I bought online subscription and started doing questions system wise in time mode. During this round I would make a lot of flash cards. I also made self-written brief notes (total of 45-50 pages). This round took me 2.5-3months. My percentage during this round was in early 80s. I revised my mistakes and marked questions. I reset my Uworld and did a quick round in random time mode, this took me almost 45 days. My percentage after this round was 95%. I took NBME7 after this round, I made 19 mistakes.
I did only a few organ systems from Uworld step-3 such as cardiovascular, gastroenterology, infectious, ethics and one block of biostatistics. It’s not a must thing, you can skip it if you want. If you have extra time I would recommend to revise the biostatistics and ethics portion only.
I did only recent CMS forms (i.e. Form 4, 5 and 6) for subjects other than internal medicine. To be honest I didn’t find them useful. Exam questions are very different from CMS so don’t waste much time on it.
I had online Uptodate subscription. Any topic that I would find confusing or deficient, I would refer to Uptodate and read summary of that topic there. I would bookmark all the important algorithms and revise it in free time. I think it is the best resource to supplement Uworld.
EXAM DAY EXPERIENCE:
I slept well the night before my exam. I woke up at 7 Am, took my breakfast. I reached prometric center at 8.30 Am. I found the exam to be way harder than step 1. It was really vague. I was able to finish most of the blocks in time except one block which ended before getting a chance to answer the last two questions.

In every block 12 to 15 questions are straightforward, one can attempt these questions easily, rest of the questions are vague and this portion determines your score. There were three heart murmurs, 4-5 EKGs, a lot of chest X-rays, CT scans and few ultrasound images. Nearly 60% of the exam was I.M. Paeds was second highly tested area. Psychiatry questions were easier than Uworld. Biostatistics questions were harder especially the abstract questions (drug ads). There were total of 2 abstracts with three questions each. I had no idea about abstract questions. I just randomly clicked answer for these questions. Lastly time management is very important for this exam, you need to think fast in the exam.
Best of luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates

AoA Dear colleagues: I would like to share a few things about Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates. Particularly for those who unfortunately could not get the visas for CS and could not make in the residency match 1.its has been recognised by CPSP-Pakistan for residency training in department of Internal medicine, General surgery and anaesthesia since last two years. A Pakistani consultant (FRCP ) is designated a supervisor here and quite a few friends applied for RTMC and got the RTMC in medicine this year. 2.FCPS-I in is pre-requisite to apply for RTMC 3.Pre- requisites for residency here USMLE step 2-CK USMLE Step-1 ( preferred to have it for those without resident permit of Qatar) or IFOM IELTS band 7 overall or above (valid for 3-4 years) Toefl score 80 and above Fresh graduates are preferred Scores in steps matter a lot to receive an interview call- 240 + 4.The program is ACGME-I accredited program, means the training is in accord...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...