Skip to main content

USMLE Step 1


There have been immense lows and there has been unprecedented highs, the path to glory depends on attitude of not giving up!
I recently received my USMLE step 1 score, I scored slightly lower than I had expected, but I am happy with it.
Materials used
Pathology - Goljan+ UWORLD
Physiology- BRS physiology + Boards and Beyond + UWORLD
Pharmacology - Mostly UWORLD + FA and some of Review of pharmacology by Govind Garg (Indian Book)+ UWORLD
Microbiology- Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple + UWORLD
Anatomy - Road map to gross anatomy, Anatomy shelf notes+ FA + UWORLD
Histology - mostly UWORLD and some basic histology from Difiore atlas of histology
Embryo - Mostly FA and UWORLD and Boards and Beyond + UWORLD
Neuroanatomy - Images from Snells neuroanatomy (the atlas section) and FA +UWORLD
Behavioral science AND biostat -
FA+ UWORLD+ BOARDS AND BEYOND
Biochemistry - Boards and Beyond + Kaplan + FA + UWORLD
I had taken subscription for Boards and beyond, UWORLD, USMLERX
I think one should take subscriptions to study, it makes a difference. In that it becomes a more live and interactive experience.
(Again it's just a personal opinion)
Score and Nbmes and UWSAs
Nbme 17 - 8 weeks out - 244
Nbme 19 - 7 weeks out - 248
Uwsa 2- 5 weeks out- 258
Nbme 18.- 4 weeks out - 250
Nbme 21- 3 weeks out - 242
Nbme 20 and 22 - 2 weeks out in a single day - 244 and 246 respectively
Real deal - 249
How would I do things if I were to do this again
- One mistake I did was not reading BRS behavioural science....that I think potentially Cost me 5-6 points. In my score report, my Behavioral science performance is to the lower side. So I would do behavioral from BRS
- I would spend more time on UWORLD and Goljan
You may ask me any specific questions if not mentioned above

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...