Skip to main content

Step 1- 247




I am from Bangladesh.
I want to share my experience because i learned a lot from this group and its time to share some information about preparation.
My resources:
For all subjects- UW and FA
Physiology- BRS rapid review, UW
Anatomy- shelf notes and dr white neuroanatomy, UW
Biochemistry- UW
Pharma- UW
Patho- pathoma, UW
Micro and immuno- Only Fa and UW
Ethics- 100 cases, BRS behavioral science, BNB
Biostat- UW review, UW, step 2 biostat, BNB
After uw online, i took nbme 5 offline and got 213 by multiplying with 1.39. After thorough study of FA and mistakes of UW questions, i took other nbmes
NBME 15- 243 offline
NBME 16- 236 offline
NBME 17-227 online
NBME 18- 242 Online
NBME 19- 236 online
UWSA1- 249
UWSA2- 247
Real deal is 247 like UWSA2
From my point of view-
If you skip whole kaplan series wtih both lecture notes and videos, its nothing to do to your score, i think kaplan is totally a time consuming project. You can skip it if you want.
Before my exam, i watched BNB lectures for my weak areas and it helped me a lot.
I was weak in biostat amd ethics. I tried to overcome these rubbish topics, i read UW review at least 5 times and UW online 2/3 times, BNB lectures and BRS behavioral science. I advice to read BRS for ethics, specially practice questions after every chapter if you don't have enough time.
Pls don't skip any high yield topics without clear conception. They love to test you on your weak point. So, make a clear knowledge by any means in your particular weak area if you need.
Suppose, i was particularly weak in CVS and respiratory physiology. For these stupid topics, i read BRS for at least 3 times, BNB, and many other sources. Again my point, you must clear your conception by any means.
My pit falls :
I spend a lot of time on kaplan, and becker biochemistry( by Raymon), its totally unnecessary, you can skip this.
As i am from bangladesh, I had to face some family issues and for this, i have to get prepared for our post-graduation exam and got chance here in BSMMU( Our number 1 hospital). At least one week needed for this preparation. I also prepared myself for BCS exam, ours government job exam for doctors( bangladeshi people know about this exam) and consumed at least 3 weeks for this. I also did job in a hospital for 48 hours and sometimes 24 hours in a week, this has also killed my time.
From 2nd march, i started my post-graduate training in BSMMU, got stucked here from 8 am to 3 pm, then go to library for usmle study and studied upto 10pm. This 8 am to 3pm schedule killed my valuable time. Bangladeshi people also knows about this training.
Advice:
Don't worry about your exam day. Pls go to bed earlier than 10 pm.
Must needed resources are UW, FA, Pathoma(at least one time within last one month), BRS phsio and behavioral science, BNB videos in your weak areas. If you are weak in a particular area again and again, then go to step 2 uw questions for these.
If you can see the first 3 chapters of pathoma on previous day of exam, it may boost up your score at least 3 to 5 points.
Any questions are appreciated. My post-grad exam is at the end of this month, so some delay may occur, pls don't mind. I will respond to all the questions if you have.
Before my exam, i have selected 90 high yield topics and read it from FA with UW notes and it boost up my score.
I will write about clearcut distinction on "100 confusing topics" after just 2 weeks which are very very high yield and very much complex but nbme board love to test you about these topics. So, you may follow my id or send me friend request. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...