Skip to main content

Step 1-241


Hi everyone, today I received my score report, I'm really happy. This group help me a lot in so many ways...I'm IMG from Cuba..promotion 2010..living in USA x 3 years now.
My experience is not a great experience at all..
Rx Q bank..1 year (75%)
Self ass 225 (3 months before the exam)
Past test Q bank (useless)
Uworld Q bank ...3 months the 2700 questions(71%)..then I repeat the wrong Qs (75%)
UWSA 1...239 (2 weeks before the exam)
UWSA 2...237 (1 week before the exam)
NBME 17..225 (can't remember. .but was like 3 weeks Before the exam I think)
NBME 18...232 (3 days before the exam)
REL EXAM.....241.....
Materials:
First aid (1 round )
Rx videos express (2015)
Kaplan videos (2014)
Pathoma book (2017) and videos
Goljian audio (3 rounds in my car)
Goljian HY (1 round) worth it
Goljian slides (all of them) worth it
Goljian book 1 (only consulting some topics)
Organ system (1 round )
Basic sciences (1 round)
Ethics for the boards (2 rounds with the Qs) ..the best book i read..I love it... (conrad fisher's book)..the best for this topic
And last..but most important...ANKI...the best active way to learn and/or recall all the disciplines..between 3 and 6 hrs a day...15000 cards..I finished with 50% mature cards (more than 1 round. .probable 1 and a half) WORTH IT..BELIEVE ME...THANK ME LATER...
STUDY lapse..15 months
Every day between 5-6 and 11pm and the weekend 10 am 10 pm..the last month ....16 hrs a day.
I work as a ultrasound tech (full time) and I do on calls the weekend to... (a lot of time I stop studying because work..but I live alone in this country and life here in USA and study at he same time ..its expensive...so sadly some times the work comes first. .If don't. ..you will end up sleeping on a bench in the park...
A lot of people (girlfriend and friends) support me big deal, in this battle always a little push make the difference, believe me...this is a marathon, not an a sprint....
I'm happy with this score.
I wish all of you all the best...
I'll see you all on the other side.
Ps: I'm sorry the spelling...the english language is not my strength
Don't hesitate any Qs (except the test content of course

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates

AoA Dear colleagues: I would like to share a few things about Hamad Medical corporation-Qatar residency program related to Pakistani Graduates. Particularly for those who unfortunately could not get the visas for CS and could not make in the residency match 1.its has been recognised by CPSP-Pakistan for residency training in department of Internal medicine, General surgery and anaesthesia since last two years. A Pakistani consultant (FRCP ) is designated a supervisor here and quite a few friends applied for RTMC and got the RTMC in medicine this year. 2.FCPS-I in is pre-requisite to apply for RTMC 3.Pre- requisites for residency here USMLE step 2-CK USMLE Step-1 ( preferred to have it for those without resident permit of Qatar) or IFOM IELTS band 7 overall or above (valid for 3-4 years) Toefl score 80 and above Fresh graduates are preferred Scores in steps matter a lot to receive an interview call- 240 + 4.The program is ACGME-I accredited program, means the training is in accord...