Skip to main content

Neha Shoaib--- MATCH 2019



Hi everyone. I would like to share my usmle journey with all of you. Somewhere somehow someone may get an inspiration.
Year of Graduation 2014
Step1 232
Step2 ck 248
Step2 cs first attempt( los angeles CA center. Why I am mentioning it because this center was thought the most toughest non IMG friendly, honestly nothing happened. I had so many imgs on my test day.)
Step3 currently doing.
Visa : GC
USCE: I moved to U.S in 2016 after getting married and got setteled in california. Its nearly impossible to.get USCE of any form from here in a well renowned university or even community hospital. They dont give externships at all. Observerships were also too hard to find. Wha I did?? I started volunteering. I did volunteering in pvt clinics.( some of the Img docs were helpful and I was able to continue do that. Than I did observerships at some clinics. Finally I got one observerhsip at a hospital. And that is it.)
Research: again as hard as USCE in Cali. Anyhow i got an observeship in a peads clinic plus research center. While doing my observership. I asked for a research position and luckily was able to get it after 1month of work as a observer. Project is still going on. Its a clinical trial.
Publications: none.
My story!
While I was studying for step1 I got married..Had to move to U.S and settle down. A break in step1 for few months means u do it all over again..took me a year to do so! Good part: I did it.
While I was doing my step2 ck : Met a very bad accident. My ischiopubic ramus got fractured. Left shoulder got displaced. Muscular injuies. Neck spasm which I am even currently dealing with!. My exam was schedule within 2months. Had so much pain and was unable to take sedatives. Thought of delaying but than I already had CS schedule. I did moved my date only 2weeks. Good part: fought. Stayed consistent. Did it.
Step2 cs: It was scheduled in chicago. Due to some bad circumstances had to come back Cali at once. Again dealt with them. got any nearest date in any center.( los angeles was available). Good part : did it
Match process: started prepraing for my match. Make sure u add every detail in your cv u did in your life. Each and every small thing matter. Weathet its in your home county or here in U.S. everything. I use to do volunteer for deaf students in pak. I added that. I thought.not relevant. BUT THAT WAS THE MOST DIFFERENT THING IN MY IVS ABOUT ME.
Interviews: As I was heading toward that. Met a Misscarriage. Any female who is reading would relate how painful that is!! I thought this is the strongest thunder I ever came across. Good part: took time. Composed myself. Welcomed what was coming in my way. got done. ( Recieved 18IM ivs. 2FM) I didn applied to CALIFORNIA. NO PTAL.
Match : matched at my top choice. ( for me that placed made me felt very happy. I didn looked onto anything else. I was sure I ll work here efficently and I hope I do. Prayers needed)
Last word: patience. Consistency and humbleness. Be fair to everyone.
Hope it helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...