Skip to main content

Step 1: 257

Step 1: 257
NBME 13: 184 (6 months before) without UW
NBME 15 (offline) 236 (1 month before)
UW first and only pass: 72%
USMLE Rx: 68%
BoardVitals qbank: 83%
UWSA1: 251 (3 weeks out)
UWSA2: 241 (10 days out)
Free 120: 81%
Materials:
Kaplan LN 2016, videos 2014
DIT 2015
FA express videos (waste)
Boards and beyond (bought subscription) (best resource I could hear Dr Ryan's voice answering questions)
Qbanks
Kaplan online (got a free subscription due to hurricane Maria): physio; anatomy; behavioral;
UW: one round started subject wise but added every subject as I went through FA and finished random
RX/BoardVitals: subject wise time on to improve stamina; BV very useful for cardio ; ethics and anatomy, RX useful for micro and pharma
Other resources
Anki: found out about this 4 months before but just used last 2 weeks (mistake): lolconatops micro; shelf notes for anatomy and Lightyear (BNB) for everything else,
100 cases Conrad Fisher
GOLJAN audios and book (last two months)
Pathoma (I liked it but I found BnB better)
BRS physio
If you are looking for a post about taking the exam after 6 months and just know FA and UW; please scroll down; my journey started on January 2017; studied up to march 2017 and had to stop due to many health issues; got pregnant and had an horrible pregnancy but somehow I managed to keep doing some questions from pastest qbank; started studying again on October 2017 and studied until delivering my baby on Dec 8th; then I had a pelvic fracture and was bedridden four months; I thought on give up but after considering I can't imagine doing anything else and as I am already living here in US due to marriage I had to take the chance and do this. (yes I am another old graduated; mom and housewife); at that time took NBME 13 after 4 months without studying and failed (184); I felt so sad but a friend of mine old graduated like me matched on IM last year with 213 on step 1; I decided to keep pushing; at that time a friend recommended BNB, and I started quizzing FA with SP; I started UW and didn't take any assessment until I decide I was ready; did some old Nbme but got 65 wrong on Nbme 3 (2 months before) i was crushed; I thought I knew stuff; I was expecting 20 wrong or somebut my advisor told me not to do old nbmes because the questions are weird; I focused on BNB fa UW and other qbanks on test day I took propanolol 20 mg; I was calmed; got out 1.5 hours before time; I was feeling confident; I can say the 2 most important resources were BNB (the questions are good; that was the best invested money), and Anki; I didn't do other Nbme because my advisor told me why are u losing 4 hours taking an assessment if you have to reinforce things; I focused on forgettable list from FA; and watched 3 first chapter of pathoma.
I can say I didn't do anything special; I knew I was able to get 230 by myself but God wanted to give me 257; I praise him and give him all the glory!
And yes: we; the old graduated moms; stay at home or working wives can do it!
Things i would do different: not doing Kaplan; repeating BNB and start Anki from the beginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ripon Ahammed USMLE Step 2 CK score: 263

My Step 2 CK Experiences Hello everyone, I am a Bangladeshi medical graduate of Sir Salimullah Medical College (2015). USMLE Step 2 CK score: 263 Exam Date: 27 November 2019 Report Date: 18 December 2019 Duration of preparation: 4 months Resources: UWORLD Biostat portion of First Aid UW First round- Random (Offline, Used timer) Average: 82% Second round- Random, Online ( Couldn't complete due to a deadline, about 700 qs were left) Average: 91% Target was: 270s UWSA1: 273 (2 weeks before exam) UWSA2: 274 (3 days before exam) No NBME, CMS , Free 120 or anything Real deal: 263 No NBME, CMS , Free 120 or anything USMLE Step 1 score : 255 (26.02.2018) *You can ignore this [ ] portion. [I Started MD cardiology residency in my country after step 1 and got stuck there. One and half year passed by, i couldn't even decide whether go for the next steps or not. I started my preparation for CK in August, 2019 with UWORLD. ...

‎Joyce Okwori-peter‎ --MATCH 2019

I embarked on this journey 3+ years ago, never knowing all what was ahead of me(good I didn’t know anyway).  I’ve been tossed to the hills and valleys but God’s grace kept me.  I started as a wife, now a mother of two angels(interviewed while 23 and 35wks pregnant). Am stronger, wiser and more courageous.  I don’t deserve it by my credentials but Mercy found me.  Steps 1-3; 218-225(1st attempts) 1 Med sch research No publications or paper works No visa needed No connections USCE- observership and externship Applied 109-60 peds, 49 FM 3 IV, 2 ranked # matchedfm (2nd cycle) # Godcan -pray and work Thanks to this group for being a part of my new song. # joyfulheart

Omnia Mohamed Saeed--- Match 2019

Congratulations to everyone who matched  :) ) and those who didn't hopefully you'll match next cycle! I matched in Internal Medicine, my #1 choice  :) ) First match cycle.. To all the old grads out there, it's never too late  😀 YOG 2010 (2009 without internship) I took the steps throughout many years cuz I was working and travelling a lot..wasnt ready yet to apply for the match till now. Step 2 CK: 260 done in 2011 Step 1: 245 done in 2013 Step 2 CS: Pass in 2014 Step 3: 259 done in 2018 No USCE No research No US-LORs No contacts Non US-IMG, need a visa Continuously practicing medicine since graduation, did 2 years residency in home country n quit (internal med) then started and finished another residency abroad (family med) 4 LORs from non-US doctors - one waived (3 were from FM doctors and one IM doctor!) Applied to only around 90 programs IM (biggest mistake, it was my first match cycle and I did not research well, I only looked through FREIDA which was mis...