Skip to main content

USMLE STEP 1: Score 269



exam score : 269
exam date : 3 / 15 / 2017
I've recently graduated from the hashemite university in Jordan
I wrote my experience because I owe this group a lot and I hope everyone benefits from it .
I divided my study into 3 stages :
1) First 3 months , I concentrated on understanding concepts without memorizing.
During this period I used first aid along with kaplan biochem book and videos , pathoma videos , kaplan pharma videos for CNS , Autonomic system and cvs only , brs for physiology , 100 cases by cornard for ethics and lastly biostat and immuno kaplan videos.
2) In the next 2 months I revised first aid once along with the important notes which I had taken from extra sources I used in stage 1, also I used biostat uworld qbank  which is very helpful
3) After that I strated uworld online , I used to solve around one to one and a half block in a timed random mode and study it along with taking notes. This took around 2 months.
During sloving ethics qs in uworld I noticed a lot of differences between uworld and 100 cases by cornard , so I decided to read ethics from an updated book and I found ethics part in brs behavioral science book serves this goal well . 
4) In the last month I revised first aid with uworld notes twice before the exam
2 weeks before the exam I did uwsa 1 & 2 and got 273 and 271 respectively
I also solved nbme 13, 15 , 16 , 17, 18 offline and got around 7 to 8 mistakes in each
All qs ideas are covered in first aid and uworld … u have to sleep well the night before the exam because the exam is too long and exhausting

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, just send me a message and I will reply asap.

At the end I wish u all the best





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...