Skip to main content

USMLE STEP 1 experience Score 253





Good Day to all,
I just want to share my step 1 experience. I took the exam last June 13, 2018 and received my grade last July 12, 2018.
YOG: 2016
Country: Philippines IMG
Study time - around 6 mos
Resources: First Aid Uworld Pathoma Sketchy(micro and pharm) and Osmosis videos and flashcards. you can get free trial for 2 weeks here https://www.osmosis.org/invite/KVLGm07
(i am not paid by osmosis, i just want to share their videos because they are so amazing)
Study time per day 8-10 hrs.
Typical day 1 block uworld. watch sketchy or pathoma. Read 1st aid(approx 1 chap/day), flashcards until sleepimg time
Goal 240+
NBME 13 and 15 - December 2017 - 50++ mistakes each around 212 to 218
1st pass of uworld - 70%
2nd pass of uworld - 80%
3rd pass of uworld - 90%
UWSA1 - Jan 28 - 251
NBME 18 - Feb 26 - 236
originally plan to take the exam in march but I have a scheduled vacation for 5 days in Taiwan so I extended my eligibility for 3 mos.
I also suffered from eye strain for 2 mos(feb to march) I cant study even for half day(please protect your eyes, take breaks every hour of studying)
April to June - I answered offline nbme 1 and 7 then moved on to answer NBME 16, 17, and 19 with 13 to 21 mistakes each exam. (uworld has a search feature that I used to scrutinize every NBME question)
7 days before exam - UWSA2 - 256 and Free 120 87%
Exam day experience: June 13, 2018. I find the the real exam questions to be more like uworld. It was difficult. I marked about half of the questions per block. Questions were so long and tiring to read. I was thinking that I would be lucky to get 220s but I really do think I failed...
PS: take a break every block. I cant emphasize this enough. It will prevent your brain from frying ðŸ˜‚
Actual score: 253 (To God Be the Glory)
Thank you to everyone here in this group! I really enjoyed reading the questions and reading the answers provided. Also, I thank everyone who shared their experience previously, It gave me the vision on how will the exam day look and feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...