Skip to main content

USMLE experience

Hi guys, I just got my score report (253/99) and thought I'd post a thank you note for all the members and staff of this wonderful forum. You’ve been really great and have kept me going through hard times.


My prep stats:
Kaplan original 2011 – I am a member of the Delhi center.
First AID
Levinsons microbiology * love this book – I killed micro.
Katzungs Pharma review thanks @docsasmit for suggesting this.
Goljan – did NOT read except for my weak areas from NBME- then also too much time, I answered a full 3 questions which were only in Goljan ( ya I counted :P )

My score stats

UWorld – 71 pct
NBME 3 – 236 (3m before)
NBME 6 – 242 (2m before)
NBME 7 – 244 (1m before)
Free 150 – 87% (great correlator actually, don’t underestimate this )

I was too stressed on 18th night before exam : I POSTPONED it at 3 AM – BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE
 
I felt horrible afterward and felt I wasn't mentally tough enough to take this test.
 

I didn’t TOUCH my books till the 23rd, the day before my rescheduled date. I revised FA and the night before had a glass of French wine, an etizolam (partial agonist BZD with short half life) , and talked to my first sweetheart
 http://www.usmle-forums.com/images/smilies/newset/wink-1.gif.. either of em or the combination did the trick and could sleep 6 hrs – so thanks to them all

Finally, cheers and may you guys rock in what you do. May god bless u.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...