Skip to main content

262- My Strategy



First of all this forum has been amazing and has helped me a lot and I met a lot of nice folks here who were always ready to help.

Background: IMG, March 2013 grad
Prep time : 3 months
 
Hours/day: 10 hours average
Materials:
 KLN with vids, Goljan with audio, FA, UWORLD, Google imageshttp://www.usmle-forums.com/images/smilies/newset/big-grin.gif, Wikipedia

Choice of residency wanted : surgery and only surgery

I did not to anything extra than what ive mentioned. What I did differently was :
Repeated kln without videos 2months out, went through images of important topics eg MS ... Images included MRI , ct xrays histology, EM of specific cells. Whatever I thought was important I would go beyond kaplan and FA, but not too many topics... I tried to understand everything and memorize very little. Somethings that you have to memorize are mostly pharma and little physio.
Also be prepared to handle graphs beyond what you see in kln and Fa but be prepared with the graphs in them as well....
 

My Uworld cumulative 1st time 75%
NBME 13 1 month out (without uworld) 242
UWSA 2 weeks out 263 , 265
NBME 15 1 week out 261

That's it guys ... Its that simple and trust me you dont need to be a genius to score 260 ... But you need to want it bad like i did and push yourself beyond what you think you are capable of.
If you have questions do write them on the forums ill be happy to help and please for the benefit of others try not to pm me just put it on this forumhttp://www.usmle-forums.com/images/smilies/newset/big-grin.gif

Ps. I would wanna thank the moderators of this forum you guys do a wonderful job and also my friends here vinaya jd dr.kg, vita86 kovach and wish them all the best for their step 1











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step 2 CK Experience (280)--vvimp

• Background: Hello everyone. This is Hasan Alarouri, a Jordanian graduate of Jordan University of Science and Technology (2017). I started my dedicated preparation for Step 2 CK during my internship, and the total duration was around 15 months. Owing to how helpful this group had been during my preparation, and the rarity of experiences similar to mine (Step 2 CK prior to Step 1), I thought I’ll have to share my experience with you. • USMLE Scores: Step 1: not done yet Step 2 CK: 280 Step 2 CS: Passed • Self assessment scores: Free120: 96% (5 mistakes); 5 months prior to exam NBME 4: 6 mistakes (offline); 4 months prior to exam NBME 7: 13 mistakes (offline); 3 months prior to exam NBME 6: 5 mistakes (offline); 2.5 months prior to exam NBME 8: 279 (online; 8 mistakes); 2 months prior to exam UWSA1: 286 (10 mistakes); 1 month prior to exam UWSA2: 274 (15 mistakes); 2 weeks prior to exam • Preparation duration and hours studied each day: The total duration was 15. This was supposed ...

MRCS PART A – EXPERIENCE

DURATION OF STUDY – 3.5-4 months (with work )  Pattern of study  Paper 1 ( Basic sciences )  Anatomy – Emrcs with NASA khan notes ( best part about these notes are he copied all the colourful pics from Snell’s anatomy along with emrcs theory ) . Make small pics for imagination of anatomical relationship .... A big chunk of questions are from anatomy , this needs to be done in a crystal clearway .. Physiology – raftry with emrcs  Pathology – raftry few topics and emrcs Pharma and micro – emrcs  I read raftry for physio complete twice , patho and micro once only  Biostatistics – emrcs  For basic sciences reading emrcs with its theory is more than enough with few references from text books to make the concepts clear  Fawzia sheets for paper one is very very very important , somehow in every session of this examination RCS is putting almost 50-60% paper from these sheets ... Don’t leave them .... Read them at least three times .... Pape...

‎Rohit Kulkarni‎ ------ MATCH 2019

Step 1 252, Step 2CK 252, CS pass.  All on first attempt. Step 3 not given.  2016 YOG. No research or publications. No home residency.  Non US-IMG from India. Visa needed. I applied for 200 IM(categorical)+ 58 GS( both Categorical/ prelim)programs. I had made up my mind to rank programs as follows, prior to receiving interviews: Any GS categorical Hospital > High tier GS prelim> IM high/mid/low tier categorical> GS mid/low tier hospital. Interviews 7 IM(6 through main match+ 1 prematch)/ 1 categorical GS /4 prelim GS / 1 categorical GS on waitlist which I didn’t interview at. -Easton Hospital categorical GS -Mayo Clinic Rochester prelim GS -Cleveland clinic prelim GS -Oklahoma university IM -Cleveland clinic Fairview IM -St. Barnabas MC IM -ETSU IM -McLaren Flint IM -Redmond Regional MC(through contacts)IM -UIC metropolitan GS prelim -Maimonides MC GS prelim -Creighton Omaha GS( waitlist which I didn’t interview at) Matched at St. Barnabas Medical Center, Liv...